Terms of Service
Shoyself builds technologies and services that enable people to connect with each other, build communities, and grow businesses. These Terms govern your use of Shoyself and Messenger and other products, features, applications, services, technology and software offered by us ( Shoyself products or products ), except where we expressly state that separate terms (not these) apply. These products are provided to you by Platforms, Inc.
We do not charge you to use Shoyself or other products and services covered by these Terms. Instead, companies and organizations pay us to display ads for their products and services. By using our products, you agree that we may display advertisements that we think will be relevant to you and your interests. We use your personal data to help determine which ads to show you.
We do not sell your personal data to advertisers, nor do we share information that directly identifies you (such as your name, email address or other contact information) with advertisers unless you give us specific permission. Instead, advertisers can tell us things like what kind of audience they'd like to see their ads for, and we show those ads to people who might be interested. We provide advertisers with reports on the performance of their ads that help them understand how people interact with their content. See Section 2 below to learn more.
Our data policy explains how we collect and use your personal data to determine some of the ads you see and to provide all of the other services described below. You can also go to your settings at any time to review your privacy choices about how we use your data.
1. Our Services: Our mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. To help advance this mission, we offer you the products and services described below: Delivering a personalized experience for you: Your Shoyself experience is unlike anyone else's: From the posts, stories, events, ads, and other content you see in the News Feed or our video platform the Pages you follow and features Others you might use, such as "Trends", "Market" and "Research". We use the data we have — for example, about the connections you make, the choices and settings you make, and what you share and do on and off our Products — to personalize your experience.
Connect you with the people and organizations you care about: We help you find and connect with the people, groups, companies, organizations, and others who matter to you through the products you use. We use the data we have to make suggestions to you and others - for example, groups to join, events to attend, pages to follow or message to, offers to watch, and people you may want to make friends with. Stronger connections create better communities, and we believe our services are most useful when people are connected to the people, groups, and organizations they care about.
Empowering you to express yourself and communicate what matters to you: There are many ways to express yourself and communicate with friends, family, and others about what matters to you - for example, sharing status updates, photos, videos, and stories across the products you use, or sending messages to a friend or multiple people , create events or groups, or add content to your profile. We have also developed, and continue to explore, new ways for people to use technology, such as augmented reality and video 360 to create and share more expressive and engaging content on products. We help you discover content, products, and services that may be of interest to you: We show you ads, offers, and other sponsored content to help you discover content, products, and services offered by the many companies and organizations that use Shoyself and other products. Section 2 below explains this in more detail.
Fighting harmful behavior and protecting and supporting our community: People will only build a society on products if they feel safe. We employ dedicated teams around the world and develop advanced technology systems to detect misuse of our products, harmful behavior toward others, and situations in which we may be able to help support or protect our community. If we become aware of such content or behavior, we will take appropriate action - for example, provide assistance, remove content, remove or limit access to certain features, disable the account, or contact law enforcement. We share data with others when we discover misuse or harmful behavior by someone using one of our Products. Use and develop advanced technologies to provide safe and practical services for everyone: We use and develop advanced technologies – such as artificial intelligence, machine learning systems, and augmented reality – so that people can safely use our products regardless of physical ability or geographic location. For example, such technology helps people with visual impairments understand what or who is in photos or videos shared on Shoyself . We are also building advanced network and communication technology to help more people get online in areas with limited access. We develop automated systems to improve our ability to detect and remove abusive and dangerous activity that could harm our community and the safety of our products.
Find ways to improve our services: We engage in research to develop, test, and improve our products. This includes analyzing the data we have about our users and understanding how people use our products, for example by conducting surveys and testing new features and troubleshooting. Our data policy explains how we use data to support this research for the purposes of developing and improving our services. Provide consistent and seamless experiences across company products: Our products help you find and connect with the people, groups, companies, organizations, and more that matter to you. We design our systems so that your experience is consistent and seamless across the different Met Company products you use. For example, we use data about people you interact with on Shoyself to make it easier to connect with them on Instagram or Messenger, and enable you to connect with a business you follow. Enabling Global Access
to Our Services:
A global service, we need to store and distribute content and data in our data centers and systems around the world, including outside your country of residence. This infrastructure may be operated or controlled by Platforms, Inc. or Shoyself Platforms Ireland Limited or its affiliates.
2. HOW OUR SERVICES ARE FUNDED
In lieu of paying for use of Shoyself and other products and services we offer, by using Shoyself products covered by these Terms, you agree that we can show you advertisements that companies and organizations pay us to promote and of Company products. We use your personal data, such as information about your activity and interests, to show you ads that are more relevant to you.
Protecting people's privacy is fundamental to how we design our advertising system. This means that we can show you relevant and useful ads without telling advertisers who you are. We do not sell your personal data. We allow advertisers to tell us things like their business goal and what kind of audience they want to see their ads (for example, people aged 18-35 who like to ride bikes). We then show their ads to people who may be interested, and we provide advertisers with reports on their ads' performance to help them understand how people interact with their content in and out of the app. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers (for example, that an ad was seen by a 25-34-year-old woman who lives in Madrid and loves software engineering) to help them better understand their audience. We do not share information that directly identifies you (information such as your name or an email address that itself can be used to contact or identify you) unless you give us specific permission. We collect and use your personal data in order to provide you the services described above. You have controls over the types of ads and advertisers you see, and the types of information we use to decide which ads to show you.
3. Your Obligations to Shoyself and Our Community
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In return, we need you to make the following commitments: 1. Who can use Shoyself
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
• Use the same name that you use in everyday life. • Provide accurate information about yourself. • Create only one account (yours) and use your schedule for personal purposes. • Do not share your password, please give access to your Shoyself account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make it widely available, but you cannot use the following: • You are under 13 (or the minimum legal age in your country to use our products). • You have been convicted of sexual offenses. • We have disabled your account for violations of our terms or policies • You are prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws.
2. What you can share and do on Products We want people to use Products to express themselves and share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the behavior described below (or to facilitate or support others to do so): 1. You may not use our Products to do or share anything that: • violates these Terms, our Community Standards, and other terms and policies that apply to your use of our Products . • This is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent. • It infringes or infringes another person's rights, including their own intellectual property rights. You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our products. You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data to which you do not have permission, and we can remove or limit access to content that violates these Terms. remove content you shared in violation of our Community Standards, and we will tell you and explain any options you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms or if doing so could expose us or others to legal liability; harm our user community; compromising or interfering with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons, to help support our community, we encourage you to report content or behavior that you believe infringes your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies, and we may also remove or limit access to private content, services or information If we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate adverse legal or regulatory effects on Shoyself .
3. Permissions You Give Us We need certain permissions from you to provide our services: 1. Permission to use content you create and share: Some content you share or upload, such as images or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws. You own the intellectual property rights (things like copyrights or trademarks) in any such content Shoyself create and share and other Company products that you use. Nothing in these Terms shall take away your rights to your Content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
However, to provide our Services, we need you to give us certain legal permissions (known as a "License") to use this Content. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our products and services as described in Section 1 above, and specifically, when you share, post or upload content covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free license I own the rights to host, use, distribute, modify, operate, copy, perform or display, translate and create derivative works of Your Content (subject to your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on Shoyself , you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our Service or other Shoyself products . This license terminates when your Content is deleted from our systems.
You can delete the content individually or all at once by deleting your account. Learn more about how to delete your account. You can download a copy of your data at any time before deleting your account. When content is deleted, it will not be visible to other users, however it may still exist elsewhere on our systems where: • Immediate deletion is not possible due to technical restrictions (in this case, your Content will be deleted within a maximum of 90 days from the time delete it); • Your content has been used by others in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it (in which case, this license will be used to keep applying until such content is deleted); or • when immediate deletion limits our ability to: • investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our products or systems); • comply with a legal obligation, such as preserving evidence; or • comply with a request from a judicial, administrative, law enforcement, or government agency; In this case, the Content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis) In each of the above cases, this license will continue until the Content is completely deleted. Permission to use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, information about actions you have taken on Shoyself next to or in connection with advertisements and offers, and other sponsored content that we display through our Products, without any compensation to you . For example, we may show your friends that you are interested in an advertised event or that you liked a Shoyself Page created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on Shoyself . Such ads can only be viewed by people who have your permission to see actions you have taken on Shoyself products . You can learn more about your ad settings and preferences.
3. Permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install updates to the software where available. Limitation of Use of Our Intellectual Property: If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we own and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos or sounds that we provide and that you add to content you create or share on Shoyself ), we reserve all rights to that Content (but not yours). You may only use our copyright or trademark (or any similar marks) as expressly permitted by our Brand Use Guidelines or with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license ) to modify, create derivative works from, or decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code from us.
Terms 1. Update Our Terms We are constantly working to improve our services and develop new features to make our products better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. We will make any changes only if the provisions are no longer appropriate or incomplete, and only if the changes are reasonable and take into account your interests. We will notify you (for example, by email or through our Products) at least 30 days prior to making changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they become effective, unless changes are required by law. Once any updated terms become effective, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our products, and we hope you will continue to use our products, but if you do not agree to our updated terms and no longer want to be part of the Shoyself community , you can delete your account at any time .
2. Account Suspension or Termination We want Shoyself to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
If we determine that you have committed a clear, serious or repeated breach of our terms or policies, including in particular our Community Standards, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if you repeatedly infringe the intellectual property rights of other people or if we are required to do so for legal reasons.
When we take such action, we will inform you and explain any options you have for requesting a review, unless doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our user community; compromising or interfering with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or products; or where we are restricted due to technical limitations; Or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons, learn more about what you can do if your account has been disabled and how to contact us if you think we have disabled your account in error. account, these Terms will terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the following provisions will survive: 3, 4.2-4.5.3. Limitations of Liability We work hard to provide the best possible products and to set clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. However, our products are provided "as is", and we make no guarantees that they will always be safe, secure or error-free, or that they will operate without interruptions, delays or defects. To the extent permitted by law, we also disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or behavior (either online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, indecent, obscene, illegal and other objectionable content) we cannot Anticipate when problems may arise with our products. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstances shall we have any liability to you for any profits, revenue, information or data lost , consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or damages incidental arising out of or related to these Terms or the Shoyself Products , even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
4. Disputes We try to provide clear rules so that we can reduce or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. However, if a dispute arises, it is useful to know in advance where it can be resolved and what laws will apply. If you are a consumer, the laws of the country in which you are located will apply to any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us arising out of or relating to these Terms or Shoyself Products , and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the lawsuit shall be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California or the state court located in San Mateo County. You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the State of California will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
5. Other 1. These Terms (formerly the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities) constitute the entire agreement between you and Shoyself Platforms, Inc. in connection with your use of our products. It supersedes any previous agreements.
2. Some products we offer are also subject to supplemental terms. If you use any of these products, supplemental terms will be provided and will become part of our agreement with you. For example, if you access or use our Products for commercial or commercial purposes, such as buying ads, selling products, developing apps, managing a group or Page for your company, or using our measurement services, you must agree to our Commercial Terms. If you post or share content that contains music, you must comply with our music guidelines. To the extent any supplemental terms conflict with these Terms, the supplemental terms shall govern to the extent of the conflict. If any part of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any modification or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent. You can designate someone (called a legacy contact) to manage your account if it has been immortalized. Only your old contact or a person you have identified in a valid will or similar document expressing explicit consent to the disclosure of your content upon death or disability will be able to request disclosure from your account after the memorial. These Terms do not confer any third party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, at law or otherwise.
7. You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears to be unrelated to the name you use in everyday life). We'll let you know in advance if we have to do this and explain why.
8. We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use it without any restrictions or obligation to compensate you, and we are not obligated to keep it confidential.
9. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Back to the top
5. OTHER TERMS AND POLICIES THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
• COMMUNITY STANDARDS: These Guidelines describe our standards for the content you post on Shoyself and your activity on Shoyself and other Products.
• Commercial Terms: These Terms apply if you also access or use our Products for any commercial or commercial purpose, including advertising, running an application on our Platform, using our measurement services, managing a group or page for a business, or selling goods. These policies are the types of advertising content that partners who advertise across products allow. • Ad Review Process • The Shoyself ad review system relies primarily on automated tools to check ads against our advertising policies. This happens automatically before ads start showing, and usually completes within 24 hours, although it may take longer in some cases. During this review, the ad's status will be "Under Review". In addition, advertisements may be reviewed again, including after they have been shown.
• What's reviewed • The ad review system reviews ads for violations of our advertising policies. This review process may include the specific components of the ad, such as images, video, text, and targeting information, as well as the landing page associated with the ad or other destinations, among other information. • • Self-Serve Ad Terms: These Terms apply • When you use Self-Serve Ad Interfaces to create, submit or provide advertisements, commercials, sponsored, or other content. Shoyself Pages, Groups, and Events Policy : These guidelines apply if you create or manage a Shoyself Page , group, or event, or if you use Shoyself to communicate or administer a promotion.
Shoyself Platform Terms : These Guidelines set out the policies that apply to your use of our Platform (for example, for developers or operators of an application or platform website or if you use social plugins).
• Developer Payment Terms: These Terms apply to app developers using Shoyself Payments.
• Community Payment Terms: These Terms apply to payments made on or through Shoyself products .
• Commercial Policies: These guidelines outline the policies that apply when you offer products and services for sale on Shoyself .
• Shoyself Brand Resources: These Guidelines outline the policies that apply to the use of Shoyself brands, logos, and screenshots .
• Music Guidelines: These Guidelines outline the policies that apply if you post or share content that contains music on Shoyself products .
• Live Policies: These policies apply to all content broadcast on Shoyself Live.